Sandip Soparrkar Biography, Height, Age, Wife, Family, & More
Posted by | Ananya Panday
Sandip Soparrkar Biography, Height, Age, Wife, Family, & More, Sandip Soparrkar has achieved remarkable success as a choreographer, not limited to the realm of Bollywood, but extending to global recognition and appreciation. He is widely acknowledged as an accomplished Indian dancer specializing in Latin and ballroom styles. Beyond his roles as a Bollywood choreographer, actor, columnist, philanthropist, judge on Dance Reality Shows, radio jockey, and Ted X speaker, Sandip Soparrkar, alongside his partner, showcased their talents at the International Marathi Film Festival Awards (IMFFA) hosted in Hong Kong. The comprehensive details of this versatile ballroom dancer and choreographer have been thoroughly covered.
Sandip Soparrkar Biography
Sandeep Soparrkar stands as a prominent figure recognized for his expertise in ballroom dancing and choreography. He boasts an impressive profile, having been distinguished with three National Excellence Awards and one National Achievement Award by the Government of India. Notably, he has also been bestowed with the Rabindranath Tagore Literary Prize for his commendable social contributions.
For those intrigued by Sandeep Soparrkar, this is the perfect source of information. His eminence in the dance world is underscored by his inclusion in the esteemed ‘Dance Today’ Magazine’s list of the ‘100 most influential dancers in the world’, a testament to his global impact.
|Real Name||Sandeep Soparkar|
|DOB (Date of Birth)||6, October, 1964|
|Hometown||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|College||Maharashtra State Institute of Hotel Management, Pune, Maharashtra
Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune, Maharashtra
|University||Maharashtra State Institute of Hotel Management, Pune, Maharashtra
Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune, Maharashtra
|Feet & Inches||6′ 1″|
|Father Name||Col Ajay Kumar|
|Mother Name||Rani Soparrkar|
|Profession||Ballroom dancer, Choreographer|
|Net Worth||$1 million to $5 million|
|Color||Grey and black|
|Food||Bhindi, Besan ke laddoo, Chocolates|
|Songs||Aap Ki Ankhon Mein|
Born on October 6, 1964, Sandip Soparrkar is a distinguished ballroom dancer who currently stands at the age of 59.
Sandip Soparrkar possesses a doctorate in World Mythology Folklore from the Pacifica Graduate Institute in the United States. Additionally, he has been conferred an Honorary Doctorate in Performing Arts from The National American University.
Sandip Soparrkar was born in Bhopal as the second child of Col Ajay Kumar and Rani Soparrkar. His father’s name is Col Ajay Kumar, and his mother’s name is Rani Soparrkar. He has a mixed heritage, being half Gujarati and half South Indian. Sandip is married to the renowned supermodel Jesse Randhawa, and the couple jointly represented India at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival in France.
Sandip Soparrkar’s wife’s name is indeed Jesse Randhawa.
Height and Weight
Sandip Soparrkar’s height is approximately 185 cm, which is equivalent to 1.85 meters or 6 feet 1 inch. His weight is around 85 kg in kilograms or 187 lbs in pounds.
After gaining acclaim for his work in the film “Zubeidaa,” Sandip Soparrkar’s career took off. He embarked on a journey choreographing numerous Bollywood films and expanded his role to promote Indian cinema globally. He achieved this through engaging talks and dance sessions at various international film festivals. Often recognized as “The Indian Ambassador of Dance,” he is commonly addressed as Sandeep.
In 2014, Sandip Soparrkar and his wife Jesse Randhawa proudly represented India at the prestigious Cannes Film Festival held in France. His affiliation is with Indian citizenship. The duo’s talents also graced the stage at the International Marathi Film Festival Awards (IMFFA) hosted in Hong Kong.
As of 2023, Sandeep Soparrkar’s estimated net worth falls within the range of $1 million to $5 million.
Notable performances List
- 2008 – Pop icon Madonna’s 50th Birthday Celebration
- 2009 – Dance at Katy Perry and Russell Brands wedding
- 2009 – ‘Save the Snake’ as PETA brand ambassador
- 2011 – ‘Save the Tiger’ Themed dance at the ‘World Economic Forum’, Davos, Switzerland in presence of USA President Bill Clinton and French President Nicolas Sarkozy
- 2013 – ‘When Gods Meet’ Indo – Greek Mythology based show with Padma Vibhushan Padma Bhushan Dr Sonal Mansingh
- 2015 – ‘Enchanted Love’ and Indo Korean love saga of 78 AD for Prime Minister of South Korea Mr. Lee Wan-Koo
- 2016 – ‘Save the Peacock’ for Mumbai International Film Festival (MIFF)
- 2016 – Born to Love – Greek Mythological story based on life of Cupid
- 2017 – Stop Acid Attack
- 2018 – Say no to Drugs
- 2019 – Namami Gange – A mythological show with Bollywood iconic actress Hema Malini where she played the role of the river Ganga and Soparrkar was Lord Shiva
- 2022 – Why Roses Are Red – A Greek Mythology Based Dance Drama on why red roses are a symbol of love.
- Television appearances List
- 2005 – Dance Divas – on Zoom TV
- 2006 – Stunner 10 – on Bindass TV
- 2007 – India’s top Dancer – Zoom TV
- 2008 – Chak De – Shehar Di Kudiyan Te Galli De Gunde – on Channel 9x
- 2009 – Boogie Woogie – India’s best Latin dance couple hunt.
- 2010 – He judged ‘Dance India Dance L’il Masters Season 1 with Farah Khan on Zee TV
- 2013 – He was jury of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa UAE Season 2 along with Bollywood veteran choreographer Saroj Khan for Color TV
- 2013 – He judged ‘Bharat Ki Shaan – Rum Jhum’ along with Indian Classical dance legend Padma Vibhushan Dr. Sonal Mansingh for Doordarshan
- 2014 – He was judge of a dance reality show ‘Closeup Bharat Ki Shaan – Let’s Dance’ on DD National
- 2014 – He also judged ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa UAE Dance Extravaganza 2014’ season 3 for Color TV
- 2015 – He along with his wife Super Model Jesse Randhawa was seen on Sony Television Show ‘Power Couple’
- 2015 – He judged UAE ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ season 4 with renowned Bollywood choreographer Geeta Kapoor for Color TV
- 2016 – He was again seen on UAE television along with choreographer Pony Verma for ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ season 5 for Color TV
- 2016 – Comedy Nights Live
- 2017 – Jhalak Dikhla Jaa UAE and South Africa season 6.
- 2018 – Dance Muqabala – TV Asia USA and Canada
As a film choreographer List
- 2001 – Zubeidaa
- 2004 – Kyun! Ho Gaya Na…
- 2005 – Mangal Pandey: The Rising
- 2005 – The Myth (film) starring Jackie Chan and Mallika Sherawat
- 2007 – Aakashagopuram (Malayalam Film)
- 2008 – Britney Spears Video – Womaniser
- 2008 – Hollywood Film – Nine by Director of Chicago Rob Marshall
- 2009 – Phir Kabhi
- 2010 – Kites
- 2011 – 7 Khoon Maaf Song Daarling and Tango
- 2012 – Rush
- 2012 – Ghost
- 2014 – Holiday: A Soldier Is Never Off Duty
- 2016 – JD
- 2017 – Love Life Screwups (web series)
- As a film actor
- 2008 – Hollywood Film – Nine (as an actor and a choreographer) by Director of Chicago Rob Marshall
- 2012 – Ghost (as a special appearance in the title track)
As a theater actor List
- 2013 – When Gods Meet (Indo Greek dance drama)
- 2015 – Enchanted Love (Indo Korean love story)
- 2015 – Hyacinth (Musical on LGBT issue)
- 2016 – Born to Love (Love story of Cupid)
- 2017 – Jannat Central
- 2018 – Sairandhri – The Musical
- 2020 – Ghat Ghat Mein Panchi Bolta Hai – a play on Pedophilia
- 2022 – Why Roses Are Red – Greek Based Dance Drama
Nominations Song List
- 2010 – He was nominated for song ‘Womanizer’ from Britney Spears Album ‘Circus’ for the American Choreography Awards
- 2011 – He was nominated for song ‘Fire’ from the film ‘Kites’ at the Screen Awards
- 2012 – He was nominated for “Daarling” from the film “7 Khoon Maaf” at the Screen Awards
- 2013 – Nominated as the ‘Most Stylish Couples on Red Carpet’ by the Cannes Film Festival
- Awards and recognitions List
- 2014 – Honoured with the National Achievement Award by The Government of India for his work in the field of choreography and dance
- 2014 – ‘The Kudos Dance Award’ 2014 honoured him with ‘India’s Best Choreographer’ Award
- 2015 – He was honoured with “Aaj ki Delhi Achievement Award” for his contribution in the Hindi film Industry
- 2015 – He was honoured and awarded by Navi Mumbai International Film Festival (NMIFF) for his outstanding contribution in the field of dance
- 2015 – ‘Most Inspirational Choreographer of the year 2015’ by Indian Film and Television Choreographers Association
- 2016 – ‘National Excellence Award’ by The Government of India
- 2016 – ‘Visionary Award’ by the Lions Club USA and Government of United States of America for Developing a Ballroom Dance Program for the blind
- 2016 – ‘Choreographer of the Year’ by People Choice Hum Log Award
- 2016 – ‘Choreographer with a Heart’ by NBC Newsmakers Achievers Award
- 2016 – ‘Dream Achiever’ Awarded by Film Today
- 2016 – ‘Bharat Icon Award’ for best choreographer, by Ministry of India, Government of India
- 2016 – ‘The Humanity Excellence Award’ by We Welfare Society for raising fund and helping various charities in India and abroad
- 2016 – ‘Global face of Dance’ by Global Film Festival
- 2017 – ‘Ballroom Dance Jewel Award’ by the World Book of Records and Indo-British Intellectuals Forum UK
- 2017 – ‘Gaurav Samaan’ – for his initiative “Dance for a Cause”
- 2017 – ‘Quality Mark Award’ – for imparting authentic and pure knowledge of Latin and Ballroom Dancing
- 2017 – ‘Golden Achiever Award’ – for his outstanding achievement in the field of dance
- 2017 – ‘Shakti Samman’ – an honour awarded by the Indian Ministry of Culture, which includes a traditional Indian sword
- 2017 – ‘National Excellence Award’ by The Government of India, for his social initiative ‘Dance for a Cause’
- 2017 – Proclamation Citation from Mayor of Edison, New Jersey, USA
- 2018 – Asia’s Most Trusted Brand by International Brand Consulting Corp, USA
- 2018 – Postage Stamp by the Government of Bhutan
- 2019 – Assembly Resolution by New Jersey General Assembly, USA
- 2020 – Rabindranath Tagore Social Achievement Prize, by Rabindranath Tagore Literary Prize, Copenhagen, Denmark
- 2020 – Corona Yodha – By Governor of Maharashtra Shri Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- 2021 – APJ Abdul Kalam Bharat Puraskar
- He received Newsmakers Achievers Awards in 2021.
- 2022 – Bharat Gaurav Samaan at The House of Lords, London, UK
- 2022 – Crowned King of Art4SPace
If you have any question, please write below.